Real Time Locating System
Smart-Caller does not provide a RTLS (Real Time Location System), instead it can provide a powerful RTLS capability within its hardwired IP and ISM Wireless nurse call systems. The prime difference between a specifically installed RTLS system and a nurse call system adapted to provide an RTLS capability is in the relative infrastructure requirements. The ideal quantity and spacing of Nurse Call call-points cannot be expected to provide the corresponding ideal quantity and spacing of RTLS Beacons.
The other notable difference is of course in the comparative costs of providing and maintaining a dedicated and separate RTLS facility by comparison with providing such a facility within the existing battery backed nurse call network.
Australian design and manufacture Affordable and cost-effective
Call-points Function as RTLS Beacons Provides Tracking, Presence, Duress & Falls
Comprehensive reporting capability Safe containment of Persons & Assets
See How it Works
This system video is intended to also provide a visual overview describing how the inclusion of RTLS Technology within a nurse call system can significantly improve operational efficiencies.
Also, by its mere presence it can similarly enhance the Facility’s “Duty of Care” and associated staff “Due Diligence” whilst also allowing a computer-based proof of such performance.
In particular the record of staff attendance within rooms can also have significant benefits when dealing with complaints from residents, family or authorities.
As Bluetooth (BLE) has long since been the ‘’Golden Standard’’ for RTLS applications, this International and Standard’s Certified Technology was the natural choice for inclusion within Smart-Caller nurse call systems.
An IP or ISM wireless call-point becomes an RTLS Locator (Beacon) by simply inserting a plug-and-play BLE transceiver module into the call-point.
Meanwhile the BLE wearable tags are transmitting (advertising) their identification code every few seconds and each BLE equipped call-point within range is delivering this information to the head-end for sorting and filing for future retrieval and/or for real-time graphic display of the approximate nearest Locator.
Some BLE Tags have an SOS button and these calls are treated as high priority for appropriate processing and display.
Benefits of Merging RTLS Into Nurse Call Systems
- It comprises the merging of compatible leading technologies
- Minimal cost by merging RTLS functions within Nurse call
- Significantly less connected devices and infrastructure
- Negligible additional maintenance involvement or cost
- Wide range of Bluetooth (BLE) wearable devices
- Both Locators and Tags fully adjustable for sensitivity
- Allows tracking, presence, duress and falls detection
- Ability to include environmental and Smart-Home options
- Comprehensive real-time and archival logging capabilities
- SQL Server Controlled Dashboard monitoring capability
- Drill-down and report on specific matters of interest